[AT] OT Vulcanzing Rubber?

Mike msm10301 at juno.com
Wed Apr 16 19:21:08 PDT 2008

Will ,
Do you have a picture of it you could post on the bulletin board section of ATIS? I used to work in the conveyor belt industry and we would vulcanize rubber belts together as well as vulcanize different profiles to the belt. We had presses that would heat to about 350 deg F, and different molds for the profiles. You may want to look into some of the Urethanes on the market. It would be easier to make a mold for that than to try and vulcanize the rubber to the part.

Mike

-- "William Powell" <william.neff.powell at comcast.net> wrote:
It's a seat hinge. The piece is a stamped metal piece that has about a 1x1x1
square cube attached to it that is rounded on one end to fit a tube frame.
The rubber cube also has a small piece of pipe about 1" long and 3/8"
diameter.

I have been able to make the stamped piece of metal (in rough form) but the
vulcanizing process is new to me.

Regards,

Will Powell