[Farmall] stuck clutch

Greg Hass gkhass at avci.net
Mon Apr 14 14:22:12 PDT 2008

Jim,

It looks like I, sadly, may have to leave the list after many years. I sent my post, and in reply to, finally, a tractor related post.  I do not need you or Walt to judge what I have said. I think people on this list are smart enough to judge what will work and what won't. Despite your opinion, what we were doing was not all bad considering how we did it and the slow speed we were traveling. Even if you disagree, that's what this list is for, to throw out varying opinions and let each person make up their own mind. What you said was not an opinion but a personal attack, just like Walt always did. If you have a real way to help this person, post it, but if all you can do is attack someone else's post, please, just be quiet. I don't think it is up to you to decide what is and what isn't common sense.

I see a few more people have chimed in to be the "correct police" and make fun of the post.  I could go on and explain things more carefully, but obviously this group likes to judge things and people without knowing the whole story.  During the past few months when 90% of the posts have been off-topic, various people have suggested an alternative...talk on a tractor subject.  I guess we all now see what happens when one does that.  My post was never intended to be on trial, but simply taken at face value.  If this is how "friends" treat each other, I will take a chance on my enemies.  I have seen that many regulars, whose posts I have enjoyed over the years, have disappeared from the list.  It seems a shame after all of Spencer's hard work to see this list degenerate into a group of judgmental people, instead of a forum of give and take on tractor issues, sharing information right or wrong.  My doctor has told me to reduce stress in my life, so each time I went by the computer I engaged in my favorite stress-reducer... checking the list.  However, if this is what happens when one makes an on-topic reply, I want no part of it.  Be assured this will not happen again, as I will no longer post on this list.  Reply if you like, but I'm out of here.

Greg Hass