[Farmall] stuck clutch

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Sun Apr 13 18:53:03 PDT 2008

Unless it is real bad, the brake tapping normally works. Rats have built a
nest in one of mine a couple of times and we had to take it apart to remedy
the problem.

If you have wide open spaces, an assistant, some common sense (no insult
intended) and a second, larger tractor, the method we use to seat the rings
might break it loose. Hook the larger tractor behind your AV and with the
clutch pedal on the AV depressed, have the operator of the second tractor
slow the engine down (obviously it needs to be in gear) until you start a
nice pull ( no need to spin the wheels--just produce a decent load).  Maybe
this will work.

John