[Farmall] stuck clutch

Greg Hass gkhass at avci.net
Mon Apr 14 11:35:38 PDT 2008

A method  we used some years ago on a Super C with a stuck clutch, and again
a large dose of common sense is needed, was to hook to a larger tractor
drawbar with a strong chain. We started the C up in second gear at a third
throttle and drove the bigger tractor in reverse at a higher speed to get
about 6 feet of slack in the chain. The driver of the bigger tractor then
hit the clutch and brakes at the same time. When the chain tightened, the
sudden jerk broke the clutch loose.As I said, both drivers must be
experienced.
Greg Hass
Michigan