[AT] Trucking a tractor back from Nova Scotia

Alan Nadeau ajnadeau1 at verizon.net
Tue Apr 8 14:59:57 PDT 2008

Guy,

I've been involved with bringing a few tractors south out of Quebec and
Ontario.   Never a problem with a couple made in the US originally, had to
wait a few minutes while they looked up what import class a TEO Ferguson
was.  Even that one sailed right through as agricultural equipment once they
found the right niche for it.

I think the best way to get home is either to come down through New
Brunswick into Maine where you can pick up I-95 South until you connect with
I-495 around Boston to I-90 all the way to WI.  That would be my choice
since I don't parlez-vous at all.   If you're comfortable with maybe having
to deal with a language barrier  you can go north through New Brunswick and
pick up Quebec 20 into Montreal and 401 west of there, returning to the US
at Port Huron, MI, them diagonally across MI picking up 90 in the corner of
IN.

The Canadian route is probably flatter, if that matters.  There's also
another major highway through Canada that would bring you back into the US
at Sault Ste. Marie on the UP of MI and then south into WI.

Worst mess of roads will likely be in NB.  There isn't much divided highway
there and you have to swing east and north to get either I-95 or QU-20.
Just a bunch more north involved if you opt to go for Quebec.

Al Nadeau