[AT] Ferguson to30 cracked block

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Thu Apr 3 19:11:37 PDT 2008

 Did some calling around today and it is a common problem with 2 or 3
specialty shops we located that can repair it. Don't know how they do it but
the cost is a maximum $700 for the repairs--we deliver a stripped block and
they fix the cracks with a guarantee. The fellow dad talked with seems to
think there will be more. They seem very confident and familiar with this
particular engine. I forgot to mention this is a honest to goodness working
tractor--it mows about 10 acres a week during the summer. If the owner
decides to go for it he'll have around $2k in the rebuild--but that includes
everything new except valves and springs--won't know about them until the
machine shop starts inspecting. Thanks for the input.

John