[AT] Be Careful out there.

Gene Waugh Elgin, Illinois USA gwaugh at wowway.com
Thu Apr 3 09:34:56 PDT 2008

Scary stuff, farmer.  I scanned down the list, and really shivered a bit
where the farmer was killed by getting stuck in a combine auger, even
though he was caught up in a header auger(??).

As a teenager I hopped up into the grain bin of my grandfather's IH
combine to kick some oats down towards the auger.  Of course, a broom
was carried right there for that purpose, but we all know about kids,
right?  Anyway, I was one LUCKY young man in that IH used only a
V-belt/idler pulley for the auger drive.  Had it been one of those "big
dollar" green combines, with chain and sprocket auger drive...

All that happened was the loss of a big toe nail, through a pair of
heavy engineer boots.

/--
Gene
Gene Waugh