[Ford-ferguson] Diamonds in the rough? 202

Hal flyhal at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 22 11:42:59 PDT 2007

1300 feet is quite a bit of ditching to do.  I suppose that after fixing the
backhoe and then doing the digging, you would get your money and parts cost
back.   Maybe not your labor but you would have the ditch done.

Does make me wonder though that the engine turned over so easily - about
like there is no pistons in it.  Especially after setting for
soo.........oooo long.  That part does not make sense at all.  I would pull
a plug and then turn the engine and see if any air comes out.  Were you able
to pull it thru all 4 pistons?

Sometimes stolen property is parked in the woods but since she is selling
it, I doubt that.  Did her husband or person that had it die or something
like that?  Especially odd with no oil on the dipstick. Is the drainplug in
the pan?

The whole deal depends on what these Case's are worth when running.  Maybe
$2,000 or so.  Whatever it is, gives a guy a good idea of where he is
heading if he buys it.  How about for junk parts value?   What year mfg. is
it?

I guess you can take you time looking over the deal as not buch of folks
looking at it.  I suppose that the engine would be the main thing at this
point.

Another project.  Do you need it?  I have more than I know what to do
including a neighbors MGB in the shop.

Hal