[Ford-ferguson] Diamonds in the rough? 202

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sat Sep 22 07:16:11 PDT 2007

There was no oil on the dipstick, but I am not sure that would assure me
that there is no water under the oil - the engine hasn't been run for a
LONG time, and nobody knows why it was parked. If I only knew why it was
parked, I would feel better about buying it and fixing it up. The fact
that I could turn the engine easily has me puzzled - on most of my other
tractors, it take a fair amount of effort to turn the engine by hand, if
they are tight. My fear is that he spun a bearing or threw a rod, and
now the cost of repairs starts to climb rapidly. People don't usually
just park a tractor in the woods and leave it covered with a tarp for no
reason...

The main reason I would like a backhoe is to clean a quarter mile of
ditch that runs along one side of my property, and the 202 is light
enough that I could probably run it out on the soft areas without it
sinking in (when the area is dry). I am so tempted...

Mike