[AT] lead paint (OC -- Off Center)

Larry D Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Tue Sep 18 16:17:58 PDT 2007

> PS, Too many little old ladies in the world!

I like that.  It says a bunch not only about this issue but others as well.
I won't start a laundry list -- you all can make your own.

In many respects, I'm an individual who is being left standing by the side
of the road wondering "What happened?" as the anti-lead parade marches by
with horns blaring and drums beating.  The local news tonight was on the
same topic -- $900,000 being spent to replace 12 inches of top soil in a 45
square block area of the downtown.  And here I sit with a collection of over
500 lead molds  and nearly a ton of pure and alloyed lead stored in my shop.
The rules are simple: You don't eat it.  You don't breath the fumes.  And
you wear gloves.  If you want an antidote to purge your body of any
accumulated lead, you drink orange juice (or any other source of Vitamin C.)

'Nuff said.  I think I'll go cast some Cowboys and Indians, or maybe a few
Dick Tracy characters.

Larry