[AT] lead paint (OC -- Off Center)

Bob McNitt nysports at frontiernet.net
Tue Sep 18 16:55:26 PDT 2007

Larry -

I agree that the lead et al scares are all about $$s ... specifically the people who benefit most from spreading the panic. Imagine what Dr. Heidi on the Weather Channel makes, banging the warning drum about global warming and fossil fuel emissions. I could go on and on, but I do have an amusing story to pass along.

The caribou in Quebec have changed their long-time migration routes, much to the dismay of the Inuits in and around Schefferville, one of the popular destinations for hunters who book with the outfitters there. Well, it seems the Inuits are blaming the migration change on the outfitters and hunters, and are blocking hunters trying to enter the area.

Isn't it refreshing that they aren't blaming it on global warming?

Bob in NY