[Farmall] Slow Cub Oil Pressure

Roger Moffat rogerkiwi at aol.com
Tue Sep 18 06:54:29 PDT 2007

Carl

On Sep 18, 2007, at 9:23 AM, szabelsk at gdls.com wrote:

> Try
> priming the pump before you start the engine and see if it makes a
> difference in how fast the oil pressure builds up. It priming
> solved the
> problem then start looking for why the oil in the pump drains and you
> loose the prime. I've heard that sometimes the pump needs to be
> primed if
> the tractor sits too long.

Thanks for this hint. Digging into the service manual has showed me a
picture of where the priming plug is, so I'll give that a go next
time this happens.

"The priming plug is a 1/8-inch plug located at the rear left side of
the crankcase near the top of the flywheel housing".

Removing that and squirting some oil in there will be easier than
taking the top off the oil filter I guess, and a bit more direct,
although the diagram shows that the outside of the oil filter does
connect to the outlet of the pump, so my putting oil in there
probably wasn't entirely fruitless.

But yes, eventually it's going to need some work and $$$.

Cheers

Roger