[Farmall] Hydraulic cylinder repair

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Tue Sep 18 04:27:25 PDT 2007

Repairing hydraulic cylinders isn't a "black art" - as long as the
chrome plating on the rods is good, the rods straight, and there is no
scoring of the cylinder bore, the rest is just a matter of taking them
apart and replacing seals. The hardest part is getting the cap off -
that may require some BIG wrenches and a BIG vise. On my IH lift
cylinders, nothing more than standard wrenches were required, as they
are held together with external rods. Care must be taken, of courses,
with cleanliness and to make sure that the seals don't get cut when
installing them. You can probably find instructions on the Web.

Mike