[AT] Plowing in Ohio/Long

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Sun Sep 16 06:50:54 PDT 2007

I was thinking about Scotts 190 XT the other day and wondering what had
happened with it.  You haven't mentioned it for a while.  Not that you
should have with all of the other stuff going on in your life lately.

I love the Allis stuff because the first tractor I ever drove was a B and
then my dad's first tractor was a D-10 that he bought new when I was  9.  I
also like the other colors.  I've always been fond of the IH stuff.  Most of
my kin folks had IH tractors when I was a kid.  I always wanted to own a
Case, Cockshutt or MM but haven't had the time, money or space for one
...... yet.  I even like the JD stuff as long as it's someone elses.  I just
don't see why folks think they are so great but then everyone is entitled to
their opinion.  If I was rich and planning to start a farming operation
today I'd be looking at JD right along with Case-IH, New Holland and Agco.
The decision would be based on price, dealer support, future resale value
and the features of the tractor and not based on color.  However, if it came
down to a tie on all of the above color might play a part.  I hear that AGCO
now has an a constant velocity, variable speed transmission that is the
slickest thing since sliced bread.

Charlie