[AT] OT: riding the rails (was Re: Slow and steady goes the tractor parade

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Tue Oct 30 03:32:43 PDT 2007

Not quite like owning your own locomotive, but if you happen to be in
the Portola CA area, for a reasonable fee, you can be trained to operate
one of the museum's diesel locomotives (and receive a certificate
stating that you are a trained operator!).
<http://www.wplives.org/FRRS_Home/Run_A_Locomotive/run_a_locomotive.html>

I have been there and enjoyed the museum, but my schedule didn't permit
doing the operating part. Maybe next time...

Mike