[AT] G.O.O. at Asheville, N.C.

Francis Robinson robinson at svs.net
Sun Oct 28 19:59:05 PDT 2007

    I made it to the Asheville show Friday and found Herb Metz quickly. At
one point Herb and I were talking and some guy who called himself something
like "Charlie Hill" walked up and introduced himself...   ;-)   ;-)   It
sure was good to meet someone that you have talked to regularly on and off
list since the mid 1990's... We had my grand-daughter take a picture of us
together so I can prove the Charlie Hill really does exist.   ;-)
    I did stop by some of those "putt - nothing - nothing - putt - putt -
nothing - nothing - nothing - putt" type engines long enough to chat with
Evil Dave for a few minutes.   :-)   I swear I heard one of the food vendor
stands calling my name so we hurried off to find one. We picked one and had
lunch. While we were sitting and eating my hip joints reminded me that I had
spent too many hours on my feet hiking and hill climbing on Thursday to keep
going at the show Friday so we headed back toward the Chatanooga area. Its
about a 4 hour drive on mountain roads better suited to looking at scenery
than making time so we wanted to get there before dark. It all must be
related to that aging thing.
    Does anyone know of a kit to install grease fittings in hip joints?
    On a completely "up" note, we spent the last 5 days driving around KY,
VA, NC, GA and TN (and of course IN) and did not see any kind of a traffic
accident at all the whole time. That is really rare... The closest thing to
one was the guy in KY who quickly noticed today 20' from the gas pump that
he had not removed the 10' hose and nozzle from his tanks filler neck...
:-)   The really funny / sad part was the car load of teen-agers that pulled
up to the pump right after he fled the lot and had a terrible time figuring
out why the pump wouldn't work even though the other end of the ripped off
hose was laying on the ground in front of them... The driver just kept
squeezing the nozzle handle and looking at the pump readouts...

--
"farmer"

When you reach the end of your rope
 tie a knot and hang on...