[AT] Corn Binding/Hay

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Sat Oct 13 17:20:56 PDT 2007

    My Amish neighbors here near De Graff seldom use corn knives. All use
binders here. Some of which I have done some repairs to keep them going.
    Last month I watched the neighbor's sons, from 8 to 12 years, shocking
corn before their dad got home from work. Finished the last 3 shocks in the
dark. They look neat and are all still standing. Didn't see a shocking horse
either. One boy stood with his arms out while the others started the shock.

                    Gene