[AT] OT: A chance to show off the place I call home

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Fri Oct 5 10:54:47 PDT 2007

Hi Mike,  Thanks.  It's home to me but it is a special place.  Sometimes us
locals forget I guess.

Rutherfordton is a good bit to the west of me.  I don't remember precisely
where it is but it's something between 3 and 5 hours from here.   I'm not
sure I've ever been there although I'm familiar with the that part of the
state.

No that's not my yacht.  LOL.  Yachts in the 30 to 80 foot range are pretty
common here.  You don't see too many much larger than that but there are
some.  Hatteras Yachts are manufactured here, about 2 miles up stream from
that development site and there are several small boat building firms in the
area.  If you watched the whole video you see the developer running around
in what looks like an old Chris Craft or Century.  It's actually a modern
reproduction with some huge engines.  I see him pass by on the river now and
then.  Actually hear him first.  I don't know the guy but it's a small town.
I suspect that sooner or later I'll run into him somewhere.

Charlie