[AT] machinery storage

john slavin jslavin at marktwain.net
Sat Oct 13 10:44:16 PDT 2007

I helped my brother-in-law rebuild his shed that burned down this
spring.  One thing he did that I really liked but had never seen before
was buy concrete posts.  They're about 6 feet long and we put them in
the ground about 3 and a half feet.  On top there is a U-shaped steel
bracket with holes for bolts into which you put the pole or 2 x 6s
you're using for the pole to go on up.

Incidentally, a Mennonite group (their disaster committee) volunteered
to put up the shed, since his burned to the ground with a bunch of
machinery in it.  My brother-in-law and I set the concrete posts and
the Mennonites came and put all the wood up one day (course the trusses
we premade),  and all the sheet metal and windows went up the next.
They were a sight to behold.  Not a nail gun among them. It was a 40 x
80 shed.

John