[AT] Old tractors and hay

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Wed Oct 10 18:36:18 PDT 2007

One of the best smells to me is being in a wheat field that has just been
threshed.

The smell of fresh shelled corn reminds me of being at the dryer at night.
Not only was the smell of the corn strong, but the temps were generally in
the 40's to 50's. Add to that the roar of the dryer coupled to the IH
straight 6 power unit with no muffler. And all around was a fine settling of
the husk in the grass and trees,enough to make it look like snow.

John Hall