[AT] New F-12

Francis Robinson robinson at svs.net
Wed Oct 10 05:01:47 PDT 2007

----- Original Message -----

I think all those old
> Farmalls had the dual fuel,
> in those days you could buy tractor fuel. But I think you would have a
> hard
> time finding any of that anymore.
> I just disconnect the small tank and run regular unleaded in the big tank,
> same way with the F 20.

> Kevin Mosier

    The only two fuel tractor we ever had was the 10-20 that my father used
after the war in the late 1940's up to 1950. He only used gasoline in it but
retained the second tank and valve and used it as a reserve tank since he
was often farming out away from the home farm. That way if he ran out of gas
he could switch to the little tank and drive in from the field on it.
Tractors always run out of fuel as far as possible from the big tank...
:-)
    We also had a 9N and a TO-20, both of which had a reserve fuel feature
(built in the sediment bowl valve) and it was very useful. My 8N I stupidly
sold and the Jubilee also had it. I don't know how long they used that
feature on Fords and Ferguson's. I don't know if anyone else had a reserve
fuel system.

--
"farmer"

When you reach the end of your rope