[Farmall] oil pressure

Chris Klossner Klossner at worldnet.att.net
Sun Nov 25 10:21:54 PST 2007

  I have noticed some trends looking in catalogs from after market
suppliers in the 1930's.  They generally show a low pressure gauge
topping out around 10 psi for tractors up to 1928 or 30. Then an
unspecified higher pressure gauge for later McCormick's. The general
rule for gauges standard operating pressure should be half of full
scale.  This comes to 5 psi  for the earlier models.  That time frame is
also when the purolator became standard equipment and likely needed
higher pressure.  Which on my tractors seems to be around 10  to 15 psi.

   The basic pump is the same for regulars to  F-30's or 10-20's to
W-30's.  I make new gears for these pumps and in testing the gears pump
is capable of well over 100 psi. Even with some what worn gears they
should be capable of the 5 to 15 lb. required to operate.

  Chris Klossner
 http://home.att.net/~klossner/