[Farmall] oil pressure

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Sun Nov 25 05:07:16 PST 2007

Darn good question! I echo the concerns about good oil pressure when cold
and then losing it when hot. The only exception is my T-20, it runs high oil
pressure all the time. I had an F-12 in the shop with a badly worn engine.
Even after new bearings it was still too low for my liking so I added Lucas
oil to help it maintain good pressure when hot. I wonder now if the gauge
was incorrect and giving us an incorrect reading.

I don't know how new his info. goes but send a few gauge #'s to Lee Grady at
the archives. I doubt IH made them but there is a chance they have info that
tells what size gauge and from whom they bought it.

Let us know what you find out. I got a Regular that runs good when cold then
nothing once hot.

John Hall