[Farmall] oil pressure

Alan Riley arr44 at suddenlink.net
Sat Nov 24 17:56:44 PST 2007

Bob, how about checking the gauge using air pressure?  I made an
adaptor up that consists of a Schrader valve with a quick-change air
line fitting.  I can connect it up the end of an air line and verify the
pressure coming from the regulator using a known good tire pressure
gauge.  You could apply air pressure to your oil pressure gauge,
increasing it until the OP gauge was reading half scale, full scale, or
whatever, then check the air line pressure using the tire gauge.  The
tire gauge seems to be more accurate at low readings than the
gauges used on many air pressure regulators.

Alan