[Farmall] Was...Re: O/T...."what can I grow"? Now...speak to myparanoia

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Tue Nov 13 03:39:09 PST 2007

Here in NJ, they have combined the offices of soil conservation (US) and
ag extension (state), with the county still being on its own, so you
really have to study the "organization charts" to make sure you get the
right person. In typical government bureaucracy methods, there are
several overlapping functions carried on in all three operations, so you
have to be careful. But when you do get the ag guy, he or she can be a
big help, especially if things are slow in the office - they may even
come out and take a look and offer suggestions. As John wrote, avoid the
US soil conservation people if at all possible (in my experience).

Mike