[Farmall] Was...Re: O/T...."what can I grow"? Now...speak to my paranoia

James Moran jrmoraninc at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 12 12:11:54 PST 2007

I so appreciate the time so many of you have taken to share with me your experiences and advice regarding my "poor patches" and how best to give remedy.  I most of the cases, you have (collectively) recommended conferring with governmental types.
Not too awfully long ago, my creek area (which I have described) suffered greatly from a freak ice storm.  Trees and other vegetation from each side's banks collapsed into the creek bed (into which we own 1/2) and the flow was occluded and, what was once beautiful, became unsightly.  In an effort to fix things, I approached some "agencies" for relief.  Basically, these "types" made an attempt to annex my property, suggesting that it would be more beneficial to the general community as something on the order of "parkland".  True story.
I got busy with my chainsaws and bulldozer and cleared the mess, working from both sides of the creek bed with my neighbor's permission.  End result...back to near normal and the scoundrels went away (for the time being).
Hey...I am no gun totin' insurrectionist.  However, being in the business which I have chosen (and being a bit suspicious in general), I am somewhat reluctant to engage the attention of lackeys and envious "wannabes" that have their own wacky agenda.
I am probably edgy without sufficient cause, but..."just because you are paranoid does not mean that they are not out to get you."
Jim

Ivan Cousins <ivancou at alltel.net> wrote: James, I agree with contacting the local county agent , make them tax
dollars work for you .
 A co worker had a field that had been dormant for 15 or 20 yrs when he
bought the place . First order was to brushhog it ,  plowed it as best he
could . A lot of viney stuff growing and it didnt turn over well.  Disced it
up . Had it checked, spred some lime and planted buckwheat by hand .  It had
a lot of clay and wouldnt drain .  Mowed it down ,once it matured run over
it with the discs again . Buckwheat came back ,its supposed to be plowed
under this fall then next year alternating rowns of corn and buckwheat . And
deer .
 Ivan