[Farmall] F-20 Oil filter

olmstead at ridgenet.net olmstead at ridgenet.net
Mon Nov 5 20:01:51 PST 2007

Far.  Closest blaze might have been 100 miles east of us.  Two days of
moderate smoke, considerably less than we usually get.  The summer
wildfire in the Zaca wilderness area caused us a lot more discomfort, and
it lasted several months.

Not even the slightest concern here about fire spreading here, of course,
since we're in the middle of the Mojave desert.  I am doing some cleanup
on my property, because I have about 400 eucalyptus and pine trees around
the 5 acres, some a bit too close to the house.

California  now wants no trees or branches closer than 30 feet from the
house, with a 100 foot radius kept pretty sparse.  I need to remove one
tree and trim some branches on my pines.  Not that they'd ever bother to
enforce the regulations out here.

I used to really want a place up in the mountains, surrounded by pinyon
pine.  That craving went away after we had a few wildfires up in the
Sierra Nevada mountains, and I got to thinking about how much I'd worry if
I had an investment up there.

Guy, do you still need a guard for your F-12's belt pulley?  I'd be glad
to send you one.  I really enjoyed your F-12 article in Red Power mag.

-Karl