[AT] Combine Canvases Needed

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Tue May 22 20:43:51 PDT 2007

Al Jones wrote:

> Perchance does anyone have a set of canvases for a 52R?  If nothing
> else, I wish I had the exact measurements for both canvases so maybe I
> can have some made later.
>

> Ideas welcome!
> Al

Al, I don't know if you are familiar with swathers (windrowers) but they
have canvasses that are joined together by a couple of metal slats with
screws sort of sandwiching the two ends of the canvas together. This is
how my swathers , and I think all, are set up now. Maybe you could use a
similar method to join an extra piece to your canvas.
I recall the old combines and swathers used to have straps and buckles
to join the ends of the canvas together. It was an important step to
remember to undo those buckles every night at quitting time in case it
rained and caused the canvas to shrink and damage itself or the rollers.
The swathers I use today just have a spring loaded tightener at the end
of the table that releases the tension with a quarter turn of a lever.

Ralph in Sask.