[Steam-engine] Richard Rorvig Memorial Service

Jeff Detwiler jdetwiler at detwilerandassociates.com
Sun May 20 16:36:25 PDT 2007

I, too, was extremely blessed to have spent many hours over the last 5 years listening to Richard weave stories of the old days, of all things steam and agriculture, in his norwegian brogue that could only be Richard. I loved to get his blood to churning about different subjects that he was passionate about(read CASE)  We were at his house last year during Rollag and he was as fit and feeling sharp as he had been in several years.  I snapped a picture of he, my mentor Chady Atteberry, and Helen Case....little did i know that it would be the last pic I would ever get of him.

I'm man enough to say I shed many a tear when Chady called me last December to break the news.  I am now working on a story for the Album of some of his more notorious antics and restorations....when he told us of re-building the big 45 Minnie you were right there in the story....

Savor every second you have with the wiser, gifted gentlemen around us...

Jeff

Oklahoma Steam Threshers
Board Member