[AT] Gas turbines

CEE VILL cvee60 at hotmail.com
Sun May 20 06:59:31 PDT 2007

I do not know anything about gas turbine engines, but the note below caught
my eye.  A good friend sent me this link because his nephew will take
command of this destroyer this summer.

I have to wonder what the gallons per mile rating is.  I guess I am seeing
this as 25,000 HP per engine. In a tractor, that should haul an implement
around one mile wide, maybe ??

http://www.williams.navy.mil/
USS JAMES E. WILLIAMS "LEAD FROM THE FRONT"

4 LM2500 Marine Gas Turbine Engines (100,000 HP)

Charlie V. in WNY