[Farmall] auction finds

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Sun May 20 04:17:09 PDT 2007

Found a couple good IH deals at an estate auction yesterday. I bought a new
winch that was combined with some piles of assorted auction junk. When I
went to load up I found a NOS IH cylinder head for a Cub and a seat of NOS
adjustable seat rails that went on the adjustable high back seats you find
on 140's etc.

Then on to buying the junk out of the shop. I bought a metal display stand
with about 10lbs of assorted bolts (all new) for $2.50. What is inetersting
is the stand has about a dozen or so compartments all labeled with IH part
numbers---most of which run in batches of sequential numbers. Also it has
numbers running from C and D suffixes to 6 and even 1 seven digit R suffix
part numbers----obviously whatever it contained spanned many years of
production. We can't quite figure out what this stand was for. Going to try
a few of the numbers at a delership and see what if they are still good and
if so what they are. Any guesses?

John Hall