[Steam-engine] Pawnee-Rollag

Jeff Smith steamenginesmitty at yahoo.com
Thu May 17 12:55:41 PDT 2007

--- Andy glines <pioneersop96 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have to thank Jeff, Jeff, & Lawrence for yanking
> my
> chain a little to get me moving.  The final straw
> was
> when I map-quested Lawrence's trip vs mine.  When I
> saw
> the he was going 300+mi farther than me I had no
> excuses.

Good job Lawrence, way to guilt Andy into it!  Keep up
the good work!  Note to self: email map-quest link to
Andy from someone that is traveling further than him
for any show he wants to snooker out
on..................  ;)

I usually don't compare anything to steam engines, but
I will say that I am glad that I did pass and attend
the Scout Mega Show here in my home town.  This was
the first one I have ever attended and it was huge.
It was great to see all the activities these fine
young children were learning, I was even surprised
when I got out of the truck to smell coal smoke and
then later I found the source, one pack had a booth
set up teaching the kids about blacksmithing!  They
had double headed nails and were letting the kids heat
them and then pound them into a small sword.  The
double head looks just like a handle when flattened.

Jeff Smith