[AT] Welding Grousers...?

william.neff.powell at comcast.net william.neff.powell at comcast.net
Tue May 15 03:42:53 PDT 2007

Ok,

A lot of great information.

I think I will look into getting the real grousers.

I did a few sample tests last night.

I believe my stock grouser was 5/8 high when new? I will have to double check..

I Welded a 5/8 hex rod on one grouser, but, there still is about 1/2 inch of the old grouser left, so, the new hight with the hex rod is 3/4.

I tried a piece of rebar, that brought it to about 5/8 high, but, it is thin...

I had a piece of 1/2 x 3/4 steel, when I laid that on the pad it looked perfect....

Had to dust off my Miller Bobcat... I bought it in 1999 after Hurricane Floyd, house generators were more than the bobcat so I bought the Bobcat... Battery was dead, charged it, and it started right up... I have 30 hours on it, most of the time was when I lent it out.. Anyway, I figure this track job is going to put some time on the machine....  I usually use a small mig for welding, but with this job I will use the Bobcat, 100% duty cycle... plus, it will probably be good to run it a little...

All I had was 6011, worked OK, but not great. Will stop by the welding shop and buy some 7018.

Knocked out about 5 of the pad bolts that had their heads knocked off.. One pad was visibly loose...

I have another pad that is missing its side, and another that looks like its about to do the same thing...

Anybody have a few extra HD6G pads?

So much maintenance for a Dozer that gets about 10 hours a year of usage... But boy can it move some boulders!

Ever get overwhelmed with so much equipment to maintain...? There aren't enough hours in a minute....

Regards,

Will Powell

From: "Mike Reggie" <mrreg_99 at hotmail.com>