[AT] Welding Grousers...?

K7jdj at aol.com K7jdj at aol.com
Mon May 14 08:53:12 PDT 2007

In a message dated 5/14/2007 6:07:33 AM Pacific  Daylight Time,
william.neff.powell at comcast.net writes:
Whats the best method,  mig, stick, type of rod to use?

I have used 7018.  You might want  to vist your local welding supplier and
see what they suggest.  I have seen  "rebar" used and was surprised how well it
looked and worked.  Very time  comsuming I supect.

There may be other issues with loosing bolts.   If they become loose they
will break.  There are special bolts made to  attach grousers.  I don't know what
grade they are but do know that fit and  bolt type are important.

When I put new grousers on, it was necessary to  remove all the paint that
was on the contact surface with the rails or there  wouldn't be a tight fit and
they would become loose and break the  bolts.

Gary
Renton, WA