[AT] fuel resistant epoxy

Chris Britton c.britton at worldnet.att.net
Tue Mar 27 11:03:47 PDT 2007

I have used jb quick weld on a leaky hard fuel line ( union to a fuel tap )
as a temp/perm fix on a diesel tractor while waiting for a new fuel line and
oring kit to come in.  The leak was after the tap and the union o f the tap
/ steel fuel line.  I sut the tap off, and used spary carb cleaner to clean
all surfaces 100% clean then dry.  I put the line together with packing nut
( partially stripped ). and then used about 1/2 tube of the epoxy al
together.  first application was a bead right around the mating surfaces.
After that cured, I 'coated' about 1" of the line, and te bottom of the fuel
tap.  After cuing i turned fuel back on and use dit that way for a month til
the new line and oring came in.  I had to use a razor blad to chip the old
jb weld off.  There was -0- indication of fuel seepage into the jb weld.

I contacted jb and they said most of their epoxy products were fuel
resistant AFTER cure.

I have also used JB weld in the same fashion to fix a cracked brass elbow
fitting on a car for an old 8n till I could get to town to get one, as well
as using JB waterweld epoxy stick to fix a leaking hard gas line on my IH
cub.  the waterweld actually makes the claim 'fuel resistant' on it's
package.  The cub repair is still holding after 4 years.. the other 2
repairs i mentiond have been replaced with new parts.. etc.

Soundguy