[AT] Harvest photo

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Sun Mar 25 06:34:34 PDT 2007

     Ralph;
    Yes, the 42 is a pull type combine. It was the same seperator unit as
the 40 self propelled. It had an all crop cylinder so it could run corn with
the #205, 2 row corn head.
    This is a link to a photo of a #40 self propelled combine. I could not
locate a picture of a #42, but this is the basic size of it.

http://www.tractorshed.com/cgi-bin/gallery/iphoto_pic.cgi?pic=http;//www.tractorshed.com/gallery/iphotos/i2038.jpg&firstrec=112&lastrec=127&Parameter=combine&mode=All&what=iphotos

    Had a good friend (no mechanical talent)who owned a #40. He worked
midnight shift on the railroad. Left a note one night that he couldn't get
the combine running. I went out the next morning and cleaned and gapped the
points. Got it running and decided to run some corn till he woke up from
sleeping. I ran 2 gravity wagons and 1 truck full. Finally went to the house
and woke him up. He asked if I was there to fix the combine. I told him "no"
I wanted him to empty some wagons so I could keep running

                    Gene