[AT] Harvest photo

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Fri Mar 23 10:59:10 PDT 2007

Gene Dotson wrote:

>     My first combine when I started farming in 1972 was the John Deere 42.

>     Have run oats with a Deere 55 open station combine. The dust was awful
> and seemed to head straight from the header to the operators platform.
> Normal harvest temperature is 90 to 95 degrees here so the sweat assured the
> dust didn't escape.
>
>     Spring weather here, 50 to 60 degrees. The soil is totally saturated. 2
> inches predicted for today. Flood warnings already posted. Looks like the
> oat crop here will be late again, mostly Amish for their horses.

Gene, I don't think I have ever seen a 42 John Deere. Is it a pull type?
The 65 was the smallest pull type I've seen other than those little old
clipper type 12A ones.
Spring is trying hard here too and the snow is gradually melting. We are
a month at least away from any ground work though I think. Predictions
of 20C which is I think about 65 degrees for tomorrow which is way above
normal.

Ralph in Sask.