[AJD] R number two has come home

Chris C jdnutinwa at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 24 19:33:50 PDT 2007

Despite the torrential downpour,  I drug R #2 up onto
the trailer and hauled it home today.

   I wound up buying a 10,000 pound Chicago Electric
winch from Harbor Freight Tools.  It was $400,  and it
worked great.  I consulted my friend that works at ARB
in their Tech. Department,  and he said that the cheap
winches work great unless you are winching your way
across a half mile of mud,  then they will over heat
and fail.  For occasional equipment loading A-ok.  It
worked flawlessly today.

    So this R is stuck.  It has a broken manifold,
and is missing the front axle and steering equipment.
It is also missing the hood and grill.  I suspect that
this tractor will be a donor to make R #3 complete.
This R and #3 have hydraulics and PTO's..  #1 does
not.

    So if you have some R parts laying around I may be
your new best friend,  depending on price and distance
to ship of course...

    Here is the link to the pictures:
http://public.fotki.com/jdnut/john-deere-equipment/rs/1950-r/

    I should bring R#3 home on Wednesday.  Then I have
to wait for Dean to get back and the weather to dry
out to retreive the other 3 tractors that I need to
haul home.

                   Chris