[AT] another harvest picture

CEE VILL cvee60 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 23 15:02:53 PDT 2007

I can not answer your question, Charlie, as I have not worked with the other
crops.  The problem with barley is the beards  around the grain.  Here is a
brief description from a web sight:

Barley beards fan out. Anyone who has handled barley knows that the beards
have serrated edges. Tiny barbs catch when you rub from the ends towards
seeds.
If you handle the straw, or if the wind carries chaff from the tail of the
combine onto you, it can make you behave like a dog with a herd of hungry
fleas.  I only pulled a combine in barley one time.  The wind wasn't bad, so
I made out all right.

Charlie V in Sunny WNY.