[AT] Harvest photo

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Thu Mar 22 12:36:32 PDT 2007

Gene Dotson wrote:
>     Ralph;
>     As always I enjoyed your photo. What crop are you harvesting in this
> photo? Would you happen to have some photos of the large pull type combines
> used in your area? That is something that were never used in the U.S.
> midwest. Probably the largest pull type combing used here was the John Deere
> 42 and few of them.

Hi Gene
I am pretty sure I have a few to post. Just to name a few that were
popular here. In recent years the IH 914 was very well liked and seen
everywhere, as was the following axial flow model , 1482. JD sold a lot
of 6601s and the bigger 7701. The old 96 and 65 were also very common
but nothing smaller than those sizes. Massey 751s were common, more so
than the earlier 405 pull type. Co-op or CCIL sold a few of their big
960 pull types. In the days when all crops were swathed you couldn't
beat a big pull type for economy and efficiency behind your big tractor.
  I'll try to post a few pics later tonight. For this afternoon I am
busy, the crows are back, spring is here I think and I have a few things
to do outside.

Ralph in Sask.