[AT] Case VAC

Easley, Greg EasleyG at health.missouri.edu
Tue Mar 20 06:12:32 PDT 2007

'48 model will have mechanically-actuated disk brakes.  They're pretty
well worthless even when all the parts are in good condition.  The brake
cover carries the actuator and moveable backing plate, disk is splined
to the pinion shaft, pinion carrier serves as the fixed backing plate.
Typically you will find leaking pinion seals, glazed backing plates,
worn out disk linings, and lots of wear where the balls fit on the
moveable backing plate.  Don't be surprised if one or both moveable
backing plates are cracked or broken.  Don Livingston
(manifold at smig.net)
has new lining material for the disks.

Greg
http://www.geocities.com/heartland/woods/1416