[Steam-engine] burning coal-

Bob Smith bobsmith5 at verizon.net
Fri Mar 16 12:22:35 PDT 2007

Hi All --

Finding quality coal (especially for smaller engines) is persistent problem
in our hobby.  Interestingly, blacksmiths face a similar problem in finding
good high heat, low smoking coal.  The coal from the Pocahontas vein in
Pennsylvania is widely mentioned and often available in 50#+/- bags.  The
following site lists some sources of supply:

  http://www.appaltree.net/aba/coal.htm

Contact your local blacksmith's club (see the ABA) for their sources of
supply in your area.  If you pool your resources you may be able to buy a
truckload or (!) a railroad car full.

Best wishes,

Bob Smith