[AT] DEAD or just no one out there.

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Sun Mar 11 18:27:17 PDT 2007

 70 deg weather is enough to get me out of the shop. We took dads 10-20 and
belted it up to his IHC wooden corn shredder yesterday. We had a wagon load
of corn we had been wanting to run through it since last fall but have just
been too busy or the weather wasn't suitable. We found out that
exceptionally dry corn is not that much fun to run---it doesn't feed well
and when it does, just hope the wind is in your favor! We worked on the
shredder for about a month last year. We located one like it that had been
abandoned outdoors until it had rotted to the ground. We salvaged all the
metal parts and were able to put back on a lot of missing or severely worn
parts. Some of the pieces we replaced were pulled off by one of my uncles
back in the 30's. Its good to have the machine back almost original. I still
need to rig up the loose corn elevator under the bottom---going to be tough
to do from just a few pictures out of catalogs.

John Hall