[AT] Dairy farming. Dying industry?

CEE VILL cvee60 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 9 04:41:02 PST 2007

I am glad to see Greg mention tax breaks.  That is the first thought that
entered my mind as I read about the other two new Dutch owned operations
previously mentioned, but I had no evidence of it.

A large national pet store chain opened several stores plus a call center in
our area ten years ago.  Due to creating new jobs, they were given
substantial tax breaks as an incentive.  Now the ten years are up and they
will have to play on a level playing field with locally owned stores.  No
big surprise that the national chain is starting to close down stores and
leave the area.  It is a pretty good guess they found greener grass
elsewhere.

Charlie V.