[AT] Oliver 77 Orchard

Grant Brians gbrians at hollinet.com
Sun Mar 4 08:05:05 PST 2007

Dean and all, I am sad that I did not know about that Oliver to look at it
before it was sold for such an amazing (but believable) price. I suspect I
know where it lived its life less than 25 miles from me. This area used to
be the location of many of the rare to everywhere else orchard and row crops
tractors, but literally truckloads of them have been going elsewhere to
collectors or scrap yards as the creeping urbanization has been taking its
toll. Those few non-Caterpillar orchard tractors that have actual orchard
fenders in this area that remain are very scarce. There are still quite a
few orchard Cats that are still around - mostly still in use. This even
though the last were built in the 1950's and the majority were built in the
30's and 40's.
    I am still looking for (additional Oliver 77 reference) another Oliver
77 local to me that I can combine with my otherwise nearly perfect frame
split Diesel Super 77. Maybe one of my acquainances will find it for scrap
price like I need.....
        Grant Brians
        Hollister, California