[AT] Dairy farming. Dying industry?

George Willer gwill at gwill.net
Thu Mar 1 19:35:40 PST 2007

The locals are pretty excited about a couple new dairy operations in our
county.  Each operations is intended to have around 2000 head.  Maybe
expenses go down dramatically with scale?  Both operations will be within a
few miles of each others unless the NIMBYs have their way. (unlikely).  Both
are proposed by people coming from Holland.

It doesn't sound like the industry is dying here... just changing form.

George Willer