[AT] OT: Gas story

Danny Tabor dannytabor2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 28 07:39:32 PDT 2007

        It wasn't until I got fuel some place else did
I realize our local Flying J was ripping me off. With
the "J" fuel I was just barely getting 5 MPG's then I
stopped at little local place and with their fuel I
got better than 6 out of my Mack. Same thing with
other fuel stops, then back to Flying J and a dramatic
decrease again.
        I'm certain its because the Flying J goes
through so much fuel (1 or 2 tankers there almost
constantly delivering) that the fuel doesn't sit long
enough to cool down. Now I try to stay clear from big
truck stops and get my fuel from little stores or mom
and pop shops. Even though often Flying J's prices are
a few cents less than smaller stores. After the fuels
pumped and the mileage is figured in I'm not saving
anything by getting fuel from them.

Danny Tabor

HREF="http://www.cbs46.com/automotive/13523301/detail.html">Gas