[AT] OT: Gas story

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Thu Jun 28 08:16:35 PDT 2007

The "downside" of the "mom & pop" places is that it is more likely that
the fuel has been sitting there a while and has accumulated more
moisture and "crud". I would say that a station that gets deliveries
once or twice a week is probably your best bet - the gas sits there long
enough to cool down but not long enough to get "stale". And if you see a
delivery truck in the driveway, find another station - when the fuel
drops out of the tanker, it comes out very, very fast, and it stirs up
all the junk in the underground tank. It all usually settles in an hour
or two, so you can probably come back later and fill up with no problem.

At least that's how it was at my station. I used to request night
deliveries to avoid all of those problems, and the delivery company
didn't seem to mind at all.

Mike