[AT] History Exam, now kid memories

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sat Jun 23 13:05:53 PDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Hall" <jthall at worldnet.att.net>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Saturday, June 23, 2007 11:37 AM
Subject: Re: [AT] History Exam, now kid memories

> I think most anyone that has ever hauled  much of anything has, at some
> pont in time, way overloaded their truck, unintentionally of course. It's
> the idiots that repeadtedly do it that concern me. I don't care about them
> or their truck, just for the safety of the rest of us on the highway!
>
> John

John, I had an example of that yesterday while hauling grain. Gravel roads
but its a good wide grid road and traffic can really fly if they want to. I
always slow down meeting vehicles hoping to save my own windshield from
stones. This oncoming pickup and trailer were really cruising leaving a
cloud of dust in spite of a couple of inches of rain the evening before. I
had slowed down to 25 mph and pulled well over but was still showered with
stones by this *#* $ truck. A heavily loaded half ton and low bed trailer
riding so low that it must have been dragging on the gravel in places and
showering stones everywhere. Guess he was on the way to a fire or something.
Thank goodness nothing hit my windshield or radiator but I could hear the
stones bouncing of my nice shiny 36 year old grain truck and that just made
my day.

Ralph in Sask.