[AT] History Exam, now kid memories

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sat Jun 23 08:43:13 PDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "charlie hill" <chill8 at suddenlink.net>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Saturday, June 23, 2007 5:51 AM
Subject: Re: [AT] History Exam, now kid memories

> One day this week I saw a local contractors 1 ton terribly overloaded.  It
> has a 12 foot bed with 4 foot sides.  The thing was rounded up with
> bricks,
> concrete, and dirt from a job site.  The springs on the front and rear
> axle
> were bottomed out to the point that the front wheels were cambered out at
> the road.

Thats quite the image Charlie. No doubt the driver did not own the truck and
had no worries about vehicle damage.
I have probably been guilty of similar offences in the past as it seemed a
shame not to fill up a grain box at least level. Trouble was that the people
that originally installed an 8x15 foot box on a truck with just about 20,000
pound GVW didn't consider how heavy grain was.
Nowadays the DOT is pretty strict about enforcing overload penalties and I
don't push the limits.

Ralph in Sask.